Tribal leaders expressed their gratitude to the housing project of the National Housing Authority and the Department of Social Welfare and Development in Talaingod, Davao del Norte.
Datu Allan Causing, tribal leader of Talaingod, said during the AFP-PNP press forum in The Royal Mandaya Hotel yesterday that many of the Ata-Manobo members were awarded houses by the program.
He said the housing project, which costs P53 million and has 300 units, is 80% finished.
“We are really happy that our tribe, the Ata-Manobo in the province of Talaingod, Davao del Norte, were identified as beneficiaries of this project from the government,” he said.
He added that an additional 100 houses are in the pipeline. “Now they are still preparing the 100 units that cost P20 million,” he said.
Of the total 300 units, 60 units were constructed in Barangay Sto. Nino, 120 units were constructed in Barangay Palma Gil, and the other 120 units were erected in Barangay Dagohoy.
Meanwhile, the 100 units will be constructed in Sitio Gatong, also in Barangay Palma Gil.
“We are thankful that we now have a durable shelter and we can concentrate in sending our kids to school and also concentrate on finding a decent means of livelihood,” Datu Causing added. By James Gabriel Malit/UM Intern
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat