The Eastern Mindanao Command (EMC) and the Presidential Management Staff facilitated an all-expense-paid tour of 89 former rebels to Hong Kong from July 30-Aug. 2.
It can be recalled that the foreign trip was promised by President Rodrigo Duterte during the assembly on Dec. 21, 2017 at the Naval Station Felix Apolinario, Panacan in Davao City, during their visit in Malacañang sometime February 2018.
The former rebels were composed of 84 women and four men.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the EastMinCom spokesperson, said before the trip, the former rebels underwent an orientation on July 29 at Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City.
The purpose of the tour, which includes a visit to some historical places in Hong Kong and its market place, is to allow them to experience the life in a modern urban setting and provide them a better and another perspective in life.
“The tour contributes in the continuing therapy and integration process for these beneficiaries as they slowly adapt to the normal life,” Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., EastMinCom commander, said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market