The Eastern Mindanao Command (EMC) and the Presidential Management Staff facilitated an all-expense-paid tour of 89 former rebels to Hong Kong from July 30-Aug. 2.
It can be recalled that the foreign trip was promised by President Rodrigo Duterte during the assembly on Dec. 21, 2017 at the Naval Station Felix Apolinario, Panacan in Davao City, during their visit in Malacañang sometime February 2018.
The former rebels were composed of 84 women and four men.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the EastMinCom spokesperson, said before the trip, the former rebels underwent an orientation on July 29 at Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City.
The purpose of the tour, which includes a visit to some historical places in Hong Kong and its market place, is to allow them to experience the life in a modern urban setting and provide them a better and another perspective in life.
“The tour contributes in the continuing therapy and integration process for these beneficiaries as they slowly adapt to the normal life,” Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., EastMinCom commander, said.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead