A fire hit an urban poor community, damaging 30 houses, in Purok 9B, Lower Madapo, Barangay 8-A, Poblacion District yesterday afternoon.
Based on the report from the Bangoy Fire Station, the fire was reported around 2 p.m.
Twenty-nine houses were totally destroyed and one was partially damaged.
The affected residents are informal settlers.
The fire originated at the house of Ricky Limbadan, 40 years old. An overheated surplus TV owned by Limbadan was the probable cause of the fire that reached the first alarm.
Thirty-two affected families were relocated to the evacuation center located at the barangay gym.
The City Social Services and Development Office’s Mobile Kitchen proceeded to the evacuation center for food assistance.
SFO3 Ramil Gillado, chief of the Investigation and Intelligence Section of Davao City Fire District, said the fire was under control at 3:40 p.m. Fire out was declared at 4:06 p.m.
There was no casualty recorded but estimated damages is pegged at P3 million.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy