A fire hit an urban poor community, damaging 30 houses, in Purok 9B, Lower Madapo, Barangay 8-A, Poblacion District yesterday afternoon.
Based on the report from the Bangoy Fire Station, the fire was reported around 2 p.m.
Twenty-nine houses were totally destroyed and one was partially damaged.
The affected residents are informal settlers.
The fire originated at the house of Ricky Limbadan, 40 years old. An overheated surplus TV owned by Limbadan was the probable cause of the fire that reached the first alarm.
Thirty-two affected families were relocated to the evacuation center located at the barangay gym.
The City Social Services and Development Office’s Mobile Kitchen proceeded to the evacuation center for food assistance.
SFO3 Ramil Gillado, chief of the Investigation and Intelligence Section of Davao City Fire District, said the fire was under control at 3:40 p.m. Fire out was declared at 4:06 p.m.
There was no casualty recorded but estimated damages is pegged at P3 million.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months