A fire hit an urban poor community, damaging 30 houses, in Purok 9B, Lower Madapo, Barangay 8-A, Poblacion District yesterday afternoon.
Based on the report from the Bangoy Fire Station, the fire was reported around 2 p.m.
Twenty-nine houses were totally destroyed and one was partially damaged.
The affected residents are informal settlers.
The fire originated at the house of Ricky Limbadan, 40 years old. An overheated surplus TV owned by Limbadan was the probable cause of the fire that reached the first alarm.
Thirty-two affected families were relocated to the evacuation center located at the barangay gym.
The City Social Services and Development Office’s Mobile Kitchen proceeded to the evacuation center for food assistance.
SFO3 Ramil Gillado, chief of the Investigation and Intelligence Section of Davao City Fire District, said the fire was under control at 3:40 p.m. Fire out was declared at 4:06 p.m.
There was no casualty recorded but estimated damages is pegged at P3 million.
- DCWD office operations on August 19, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Inside Samsung’s Ultra Thin Glass Innovation
- RCHRMP president rallies for competency in the gov’t workforce
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Malaysian companies bullish on PH
- Alsons Dev launches Poblacion Market Central, DC’s latest attraction where heritage meets hip
- EGALITARIAN | Culture of security and safety
- HONORING MY MOTHER | A new hobby for older men
- Bahay Pag-Asa marks 14 years