A fire hit an urban poor community, damaging 30 houses, in Purok 9B, Lower Madapo, Barangay 8-A, Poblacion District yesterday afternoon.
Based on the report from the Bangoy Fire Station, the fire was reported around 2 p.m.
Twenty-nine houses were totally destroyed and one was partially damaged.
The affected residents are informal settlers.
The fire originated at the house of Ricky Limbadan, 40 years old. An overheated surplus TV owned by Limbadan was the probable cause of the fire that reached the first alarm.
Thirty-two affected families were relocated to the evacuation center located at the barangay gym.
The City Social Services and Development Office’s Mobile Kitchen proceeded to the evacuation center for food assistance.
SFO3 Ramil Gillado, chief of the Investigation and Intelligence Section of Davao City Fire District, said the fire was under control at 3:40 p.m. Fire out was declared at 4:06 p.m.
There was no casualty recorded but estimated damages is pegged at P3 million.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market