Comparing to the previous years, more parents availed the immunization for their children during the launching of the school-based immunization campaign for the city in Sta. Ana Central Elementary School yesterday.
Milabel Tolentino, Department of Education (DepEd) nurse of Sta. Ana District, said that prior to the formal launching, they already conducted immunization in two schools, the Zonta Elementary School and Manuel L. Quezon Elementary School wherein she reported that about 90% of the overall target population were vaccinated.
“May mga iilan na hindi pumayag (Few parents disallowed) but we are still convincing them prevent outbreak of measles but if we try to compare from last year, there’s really a big difference,” Tolentino said.
“Others already completed their vaccination while the others are still thinking if they will avail because of the Dengvaxia scare,” she continued.
Tolentino said more parents are now taking advantage of the free immunization because of the recent measles outbreak that serves as an awakening for the parents. During the outbreak, the City Health Office (CHO) went to every household to immunize children.
The Department of Health (DOH) is targeting to immunize at least 90% of the overall target population in the city.
Under the school-based immunization program, students from kindergarten and grades 2 to 6 will be vaccinated with measles–rubella only, grades 1 and 7 will receive vaccination on measles, rebulla, tetanus-diphtheria (MRTD), and human papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine to grade 4 female students.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon