Close to 100 entries are expected to show their wares as Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Region XI chapter holds the 2019 Interschool Karatedo Championships this August 11 at the Gaisano Grand Citigate.
“We expect entries from all over Mindanao to join. This tournament is a preparation for the coming National Batang Pinoy Championships,” said Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Region XI Director Rommel Tan.
Local bets from the city headed by schools affiliated by the Association for the Advancement of Karatedo (AAK-Davao) will banner the city’s hopes in reaping honors in both Kata and Kumite events.
“It will be open for entries ages 6 years-old and up, basic and advance levels,” Tan added.
The tournament which is in cooperation with the City Government of Davao and the City Sports Development Division Office is part of the 2019 Kadayawan Sports festivities.
Medals await the top three winners in the various age groups and weight categories.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months