Authorities arrested two Korean nationals in a buy-bust operation conducted inside a rented house they converted into a drug den in posh North Bambu Estate, Barangay Sto, Nino, Tugbok District last Thursday night.
Antonio Rivera, director of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified the suspects as Kevin Lee and Minsu “MJ” Park.
Rivera said the two foreigners were not in their drug watch list because they were new in the illegal deal but they are already considered as high value targets right after they were reported to be selling drugs.
He said they recently received information from concerned citizens that the two Koreans sold illegal drugs to their clients, mostly females, who would use the stuff right inside their house at Lot 21, Block 24 of the said subdivision.
After conducting a surveillance for weeks, they confirmed that that suspects were exclusively selling drugs inside the house. They let their clients use the drugs right inside the house, thus turning it into a drug den.
Agents from the PDEA XI, National Bureau of Investigation XI, Bureau of Immigration, and Tugbok Police Station then conducted the operation.
When an undercover agent was able to buy a small pack of shabu worth P1,000, authorities then went through with the operation.
Another small sized sachet containing suspected shabu and assorted drug paraphernalia were found in their possession. The buy-bust marked money was also recovered.
Rivera estimated the confiscated drug items at P12,000.
The suspects are now detained at the regional office of the NBI as drug charges are prepared against them.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?