The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will be temporarily closing some roads in the city to give way for the three huge events during the month-long celebration of Kadayawan Festival 2019 such as Indak-Indak sa Kadayawan, Pamulak sa Kadayawan and Pitik sa Kadayawan.
The Indak – Indak sa Kadayawan, a street dancing competition is scheduled on August 17 that will start at 7 am, in Roxas Avenue to Kadayawan Square in San Pedro Street. From the starting point, the parade will turn left to C.M. Recto Street, turn right to Bonifacio Street, turn left to Pelayo Street, then left turn to San Pedro Street.
Alternate routes will be JP Laurel Avenue to Quirino Avenue to MacArthur highway; J.P. Laurel Ave. to R. Castillo Street to L. Garcia Street to Quezon Boulevard to Quimpo Boulevard to MacArthur highway; and J.P. Laurel Avenue to Cabaguio to L. Garcia Street to Quezon Boulevard, then Quimpo Boulevard and finally to MacArthur highway.
Those from the south are advised to take MacArthur highway to Quirino Avenue to J.P. Laurel; MacArthur highway to Magallanes Street to Quezon Boulevard; MacArthur highway to Sandawa road to Quimpo Boulevard; and MacArthur highway to Quimpo Boulevard and Quezon Boulevard.
The same roads will also be closed for the Pamulak sa Kadayawan and Pitik sa Kadayawan on August 24 that will start at 7AM.
CTTMO chief Dionisio told TIMES on Monday that the street parade organizers are also requesting his office for a temporary road closure in the event venues on August 13 to 16 for the ingress of their parade props. “Also for the Pamulak preparation, the start of ingress of their props will be on 21 to 23, that’s what we are preparing right now,” Abude said. He added that there will no additional personnel for the celebration, only realignment of deployment.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month