The Police Regional Office 11 has filed 26 cases against those behind the investment schemes which authorities believed were scams.
Major Jason Baria, spokesperson of the agency, said that many of those facing cases before the courts have failed to return the money of their supposed investors.
In Mati City, Davao Oriental, Baria said six complainants filed swindling cases against eight officials of the Asia Business Corporation or RDFLEX Trading/Marketing (ABC-RD.)
In Davao del Norte, he said there were 56 complainants filing cases against nine companies. The companies were the Enterprise Company, Questlink Digitial Marketing, Titan 29 Marketing, BCT Marketing and Car Trading, A 21 Marketing, Jogle Innovative Marketing, LK638 Marketing, Omega and Dreamzion Beauty and Health Hub.
In the city, the seven complainants were still preparing their complaints against the Crowd Royal Real Estate Service.
Among the cases were the large scale and syndicated estafa, violation of the Batas Pambansa Blg. 22 and Article 315 of the Revised Penal Code in relation to Presidential Decree 1689 for alleged operating investment scams.
PRO 11 Director Marcelo Morales complainants decided to seek the help of the authorities after the latter called on them to file cases after the supposed companies failed to return their money.
“As of now, these 62 complainants will increase since there were still others who went to our office to ask for advice (but are) still undecided to file a case hoping against hope na mabawi pa ang kanilang mga pera,” Morales said.
President Rodrigo Duterte made the call about two months ago that some people were into investment schemes that were promising huge returns but could not sustain their investments.
This prompted the authorities to launch the campaign against these schemes which was allegedly similar to Ponzi scheme, a scam in the 1920s which promised huge returns but which used the money of new investors to pay the maturing investments until its collapse.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat