The Police Regional Office XI has complied 100 percent with the order to close down all the outlets of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) gaming outlets in Davao region.
Police Regional Director Brig. Gen Marcelo Morales said they have padlocked a total of 4,249 PCSO kiosks.
Morales personally led on Saturday morning the start of the crackdown as they plastered closure orders in all the gaming outlets in the region.
Based on record, they shut down 4,091 Small Town lottery (STL) outlets, 155 lotto outlets, and 3 Keno outlets.
The move is in response to the marching order of President Rodrigo Duterte to stop the operation of all gaming schemes authorized by PCSO.
Morales said there was no resistance during the operation.
In fact, he said, said some owners voluntarily closed their own lotto shops.
Morales said they will still continue to monitor all the padlocked kiosks.
“If they will continue to operate, surely, they will face the consequences under the existing laws,” said Morale as he urged the public to report any suspected illegal gambling activity in the community.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online