A minor was rescued in a buy-bust operation, which also led to the arrest of an alleged drug dealer on Sunday, July 28.
According to the report of Police Regional Office XI, around 7:40 p.m., personnel of the Tugbok Police Station and the Presidential Anti- Organized Crime Commission conducted the buy-bust operation against the target Denton Abella Oliveros, 31.
He is included in the drugs watchlist with an address in SIR Matina.
During the buy-bust, they also arrested Kervy Abas, 29, and alias Jay, 17, student, also residents of SIR Matina.
Further confiscated from their possession were two sachets of shabu and P1,000 marked money, two cellular phones, and one Honda Civic with plate no. LDR 508.
The recovered shabu has an estimated weight of more or less 1.3 grams and estimated amount of P15,000.
A case for violation of RA 9165 is now being prepared for filing in court against the arrested suspects.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen. Marcelo C Morales, regional director, lauded the police officers behind the successful operation.
Morales attributed the success of the anti-illegal drugs campaign to the help of the residents and the proactive measures they adopted to root out the problem even before it worsens.
The minor is not yet off the hook, however.
He will be endorsed to the Department of Social Welfare and Development, which will establish discernment. The teenager may still be tried as an adult if the agency can determine he knew what he was doing.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success