A minor was rescued in a buy-bust operation, which also led to the arrest of an alleged drug dealer on Sunday, July 28.
According to the report of Police Regional Office XI, around 7:40 p.m., personnel of the Tugbok Police Station and the Presidential Anti- Organized Crime Commission conducted the buy-bust operation against the target Denton Abella Oliveros, 31.
He is included in the drugs watchlist with an address in SIR Matina.
During the buy-bust, they also arrested Kervy Abas, 29, and alias Jay, 17, student, also residents of SIR Matina.
Further confiscated from their possession were two sachets of shabu and P1,000 marked money, two cellular phones, and one Honda Civic with plate no. LDR 508.
The recovered shabu has an estimated weight of more or less 1.3 grams and estimated amount of P15,000.
A case for violation of RA 9165 is now being prepared for filing in court against the arrested suspects.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen. Marcelo C Morales, regional director, lauded the police officers behind the successful operation.
Morales attributed the success of the anti-illegal drugs campaign to the help of the residents and the proactive measures they adopted to root out the problem even before it worsens.
The minor is not yet off the hook, however.
He will be endorsed to the Department of Social Welfare and Development, which will establish discernment. The teenager may still be tried as an adult if the agency can determine he knew what he was doing.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021