A minor was rescued in a buy-bust operation, which also led to the arrest of an alleged drug dealer on Sunday, July 28.
According to the report of Police Regional Office XI, around 7:40 p.m., personnel of the Tugbok Police Station and the Presidential Anti- Organized Crime Commission conducted the buy-bust operation against the target Denton Abella Oliveros, 31.
He is included in the drugs watchlist with an address in SIR Matina.
During the buy-bust, they also arrested Kervy Abas, 29, and alias Jay, 17, student, also residents of SIR Matina.
Further confiscated from their possession were two sachets of shabu and P1,000 marked money, two cellular phones, and one Honda Civic with plate no. LDR 508.
The recovered shabu has an estimated weight of more or less 1.3 grams and estimated amount of P15,000.
A case for violation of RA 9165 is now being prepared for filing in court against the arrested suspects.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen. Marcelo C Morales, regional director, lauded the police officers behind the successful operation.
Morales attributed the success of the anti-illegal drugs campaign to the help of the residents and the proactive measures they adopted to root out the problem even before it worsens.
The minor is not yet off the hook, however.
He will be endorsed to the Department of Social Welfare and Development, which will establish discernment. The teenager may still be tried as an adult if the agency can determine he knew what he was doing.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead