A vendor was arrested by authorities for selling stolen chicken meat in the parking area of Victoria Plaza in J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada on Saturday.
Major Milgrace Driz, head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group – Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the suspect as Candiver Del Puerto Padua.
Driz said they responded to the complaint lodged by San Miguel Foods Corporation, represented by Aga Bulabos.
The complainant, Driz said, claimed Padua was illegally selling special-cut chicken, which they exclusively distributed for a food chain, hence, not for sale to the public.
The CIDG and the Sta Ana police then staged the operation.
An undercover police officer was able to buy chicken from Padua, and the arrest was made.
Confiscated from the suspect’s possession were six packs of special-cut chicken. The P1,540 marked money was also confiscated.
Padua is now detained at the Sta Ana Police station pending the filing of a case for anti fencing law before the court.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again