A vendor was arrested by authorities for selling stolen chicken meat in the parking area of Victoria Plaza in J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada on Saturday.
Major Milgrace Driz, head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group – Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the suspect as Candiver Del Puerto Padua.
Driz said they responded to the complaint lodged by San Miguel Foods Corporation, represented by Aga Bulabos.
The complainant, Driz said, claimed Padua was illegally selling special-cut chicken, which they exclusively distributed for a food chain, hence, not for sale to the public.
The CIDG and the Sta Ana police then staged the operation.
An undercover police officer was able to buy chicken from Padua, and the arrest was made.
Confiscated from the suspect’s possession were six packs of special-cut chicken. The P1,540 marked money was also confiscated.
Padua is now detained at the Sta Ana Police station pending the filing of a case for anti fencing law before the court.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?