A vendor was arrested by authorities for selling stolen chicken meat in the parking area of Victoria Plaza in J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada on Saturday.
Major Milgrace Driz, head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group – Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the suspect as Candiver Del Puerto Padua.
Driz said they responded to the complaint lodged by San Miguel Foods Corporation, represented by Aga Bulabos.
The complainant, Driz said, claimed Padua was illegally selling special-cut chicken, which they exclusively distributed for a food chain, hence, not for sale to the public.
The CIDG and the Sta Ana police then staged the operation.
An undercover police officer was able to buy chicken from Padua, and the arrest was made.
Confiscated from the suspect’s possession were six packs of special-cut chicken. The P1,540 marked money was also confiscated.
Padua is now detained at the Sta Ana Police station pending the filing of a case for anti fencing law before the court.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market