The Davao City Tourism and Operations Office (CTOO) chief Regina Rosa Tecson said they will push for an ordinance to enhance the Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events (MICE) programs of the city.
According to Tecson, the creation of Davao MICE board is among the top priorities of the local government and the private sector counterparts that will monitor the MICE industry.
“Right now, we are in the process of shaping that, that is why we ask the help of the tourism promotions board and we are hoping that by next week they can come down and talk to us so they can guide us what would the Davao Mice Board would look like,” Tecson said during the recent Habi & Kape media forum.
She said they are currently doing all the groundworks that will lead to the crafting of the ordinance.
This will be followed with a bidding for the upcoming MICE convention set to be held on September next year.
Presently, the city has already a MICE program spearheaded by the private sectors and the Department of Tourism (DOT) Region XI.
“It’s just that we need help, how will we position this, what are the content, what are the ordinance that we need to craft for the MICE board and of course the requirements needed when you intend to hold your activities here in Davao,” Tecson added.
With the creation of MICE board, Tecson said they can already have funds to be utilized in promoting the city as well as for the benchmarking.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized