Mayor-on-leave Sara Duterte alerted the public against online lending activities dragging her name into transactions.
“This is to alert the public about an online lending company that illegally used my photo to apparently deceive the public into believing that I am an endorser of their service,” Duterte said in a statement issued over the weekend.
The mayor, who is on a two-month leave, is referring to the online loan app PesosPh using Duterte’s photo apparently holding a lotto ticket as an advertisement of their product offering loans that can be applied online.
“I am not associated with PesosPh or other online lending companies that offer the public fast cash loans with exorbitant fees and interest,” the mayor said.
Furthermore, the mayor also cautioned the public that such schemes using her name as a front should be carefully looked into before dealing with.
“The public is both warned and advised to be always circumspect in dealing with individuals, groups, organizations, and companies that are using my name in their business,” Duterte said.
“I strongly recommend for the public to immediately report to the PNP (Philippine National Police) or NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) fraudulent businesses or those that use my name to further their illegal activities,” she added.
Just a week ago, the mayor also chided a government agency apparently using her name for shortcuts in the agency’s regulatory and documentation processes that favors someone.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories