City Hall has constituted the membership of the market committee based on the Local Tax Code.
Mayor Sara Duterte, in an Executive Order (EO) released July 19, said the move is needed to ensure the effective and efficient performance of its functions.
The market committee is now headed by the City Administrator with the City Treasurer as the co-chair.
The members include the Legal Officer or his representative, the chair of the City Council Committee on Government Enterprise and Privatizations, and representatives of the market vendors – to be elected by the federation of the market vendors association in the city and appointed by the City Mayor for a term of two years without reappointment, unless earlier revoked for a reason.
Their functions include formulation of policies, rules and guidelines for market operation and admiration; as well as conduct periodic review of city market operations, and recommend appropriate actions.
The body will also conduct the drawing of lots, raffle and opening of bids, for the adjudication of vacant or newly constructed stalls or booths in the city-owned public markets and certify the results for the approval of the City Mayor.
It will also recommend measures or actions, as may be necessary and proper to the resolution of problems, in connection with the use and occupancy of stalls, booths or spaces by the city public markets.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos