City Hall has constituted the membership of the market committee based on the Local Tax Code.
Mayor Sara Duterte, in an Executive Order (EO) released July 19, said the move is needed to ensure the effective and efficient performance of its functions.
The market committee is now headed by the City Administrator with the City Treasurer as the co-chair.
The members include the Legal Officer or his representative, the chair of the City Council Committee on Government Enterprise and Privatizations, and representatives of the market vendors – to be elected by the federation of the market vendors association in the city and appointed by the City Mayor for a term of two years without reappointment, unless earlier revoked for a reason.
Their functions include formulation of policies, rules and guidelines for market operation and admiration; as well as conduct periodic review of city market operations, and recommend appropriate actions.
The body will also conduct the drawing of lots, raffle and opening of bids, for the adjudication of vacant or newly constructed stalls or booths in the city-owned public markets and certify the results for the approval of the City Mayor.
It will also recommend measures or actions, as may be necessary and proper to the resolution of problems, in connection with the use and occupancy of stalls, booths or spaces by the city public markets.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead