The City government will convene all the barangay officials, especially those identified dengue hot spots, to gather consolidated ideas on addressing the dengue condition.
The initiative transpired in the Inter-agency Meeting on Dengue Prevention and Control spearheaded by the Office of the Vice Mayor last July 25 at the City Admin Conference Room attended by the Department of Health, City Health Office, and other concerned agencies and offices.
Councilor Mary Joselle Villafuerte, chair of the Council’s Health Committee, said the barangay officials – all chairs and council members, are required to attend the meeting set on Tuesday, July 30.
Villafuerte said she and fellow councilors, Ralph Abella and Richlyn Justol, “felt that we had to do more about dengue so we communicated our concern” to acting mayor Sebastian Duterte.
Duterte immediately called an inter-agency meeting “to know the statistics on dengue, what is being done and what else needs to be done.”
During the meeting, it was agreed to call all the barangay officials to discuss the health problem.
Based on the data of the DOH Davao Region, from January to June this year, there were six deaths recorded the city.
Among the other localities in the region, the city also has the highest number of cases with 1,630.
Based on the data of the CHO, there are 12 dengue hotspot areas in the city.
These include Barangay 19-B in Poblacion District and barangays 76-A, Matina Crossing, Catalunan Grande, and Talomo Proper in Talomo District (in the first district); barangays Cabantian and Buhangin Proper in Buhangin District and barangays Wilfredo Aquino and Lapu-lapu in Agdao District (in the second district); and the districts of Marilog, Calinan, and Toril (in the third district).
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success