Mayor Sara Duterte has reconstituted the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (CDRRMC).
In EO 23, series of 2019, Duterte said the City Mayor and Vice Mayor, or their representative, will be the chair and vice-chair, respectively.
The members now include the department heads or highest-ranking officer of the City Administrator’s Office, City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, City Environment and Natural Resources Office, City Planning and Development Office, City Social Services and Development Office, City Health Office, City Agriculturist’s Office, Integrated Gender and Development Office, City Engineer’s Office, City Veterinarian’s Office, City Accountant’s Office, City Legal Office, City Budget Office, City Information Office, Barangay Cultural Community Affairs Division, City Transport and Traffic Management Center, Public Safety and Security Command Center, and Central 911.
Also included are the City Schools Division Superintendent (Department of Education), the City Director (Davao City Police Office), City Fire Officer (Bureau of Fire Protection), City Local Government Operations (DILG), Regional Community Defense Group XI, Task Force Davao, Philippine Coast Guard, and the President of the Association of Barangay Captains.
Others include Chapter Administrator of the Philippine National Red Cross Davao City Chapter; Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers, Mindanao Land Foundation, Davao Association of Catholic Schools, Davao Association of Guidance Counselors, Inc., United Architects of the Philippines, Davao Light and Power Company, Philippine Long Distance Telephone, and Davao City Water District.
The Davao City RRDMC was created and constituted under EO no. 7, series of 2012, and was reconstituted by EO no. 16 series of 2014.
Based on the newly signed EO, its function includes approving and monitoring the implementation of the Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Plan and ensuring the integration of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation into local development plans, programs and budgets as a strategy in sustainable development and poverty reduction.
It is also tasked to recommend the implementation of forced or pre-emptive evacuation of local residents, convene the local council once every three months, and other necessary functions.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning