The Davao City Police Office will start to deploy more or less 3,000 personnel, augmentation force, and barangay auxiliaries in the later part of hits month to provide security for the Kadayawan festival.
The police will also strictly implement the “no backpack policy” and the “no jacket policy.”
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held in the Royal Mandaya hotel, Capt. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said they already have a template for a security plan that will be implemented during major events.
The Regional Mobile Force Battalion XI will also send 200 more officers to augment the security personnel.
“The same last year, there are at least 25 personnel from police provincial offices that will be deployed,” she said.
“The ‘no jacket policy’ will be strictly implemented in Lasang, Toril, and Calinan-established AFP and PNP checkpoints. Also, it will be implemented inside the city at the random checkpoints,” Gaspan said.
Meanwhile, she said there will be a regular deployment of personnel in strategic areas like terminals, malls, public market, and Roxas night market.
Also, the Task Force Davao, 10th Infantry Division, and other volunteers will also assist the DCPO in implementing the security plan for the Kadayawan.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant