The Davao City Police Office will start to deploy more or less 3,000 personnel, augmentation force, and barangay auxiliaries in the later part of hits month to provide security for the Kadayawan festival.
The police will also strictly implement the “no backpack policy” and the “no jacket policy.”
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held in the Royal Mandaya hotel, Capt. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said they already have a template for a security plan that will be implemented during major events.
The Regional Mobile Force Battalion XI will also send 200 more officers to augment the security personnel.
“The same last year, there are at least 25 personnel from police provincial offices that will be deployed,” she said.
“The ‘no jacket policy’ will be strictly implemented in Lasang, Toril, and Calinan-established AFP and PNP checkpoints. Also, it will be implemented inside the city at the random checkpoints,” Gaspan said.
Meanwhile, she said there will be a regular deployment of personnel in strategic areas like terminals, malls, public market, and Roxas night market.
Also, the Task Force Davao, 10th Infantry Division, and other volunteers will also assist the DCPO in implementing the security plan for the Kadayawan.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art