Davao City – Newly-formed Davao Pangulo Football Club will don the city’s colors when it sees action in the coming Kampeon Cup 2019 this July 27 and 28 at the McKinley Hill Stadium in Taguig.
“We will be playing up against teams from Manila, Cebu and Bacolod,” said Davao Pangulo FC coach Christian Ea on Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao Annex.
The Kampeon Cup also dubbed as the Philam Life 7s Football League Philippines was founded by former Askals player Anton del Rosario and introduced the league in Manila back in 2017. In 2018, the league branched out with regional games held in Cebu, Bacolod and Davao. Early this year it opened its Iloilo, Laguna and Batangas.
Davao Pangulo FC will play in the seven-a-side format competition with its roster having Warren Ravanes, Ed Merill Walohan, Archemides Ligaray, Krentz Orbigo, Arnel Casil, Gregorio Zamora, Harold Myles Robles, Rimar Cordon, Angelo Paring, Owen Jasper Padernal, Choi Puy, Rey Lagura, Jacob Liao, Mikoh Arrieta and Nigerian import Kennedy Azoka.
“We are 100 percent ready for the competition and prepared much for this,” said Ea who also be backed by co-headcoach Albert Ryan Lim.
The team leaves for Manila on July 26 aiming to bring glory to the city and the region.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission