A former Bureau of Corrections (BOC) prison guard was arrested for alleged P600,000 worth shabu in a buy-bust operation conducted by agents of Talomo police in Barangay 31-D, Poblacion Monday night.
Major Ronald Lao, the commander of Talomo Police Station, identified the suspect as Emmanuel Maghanoy Lalican, 34, a renter in Purok 11, Barangay 31-D, Poblacion District. Previously assigned at the of Davao Penal Colony (Dapecol) in Panabo City, Davao del Nortre, he was dismissed from the service in 2016 for his allegedly involvement in illegal drugs.
Lao said Lalican was placed under surveillance for a month after he was reported to have been selling shabu in Talomo District.
In coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, the operation was conducted at 9:15 p.m on Monday in the Roxas Avenue-Quezon Boulevard area of Barangay 31-D.
Lao claimed the suspect was caught in the act of selling one big sachet of shabu to a policemen who posed as poseur buyer for P25,000. He said 32 other big sachets of shabu were seized from Lalican. The confiscated drugs was estimated to worth P600,000.
Also confiscated were three cellphones, a weighing scale, a Bureau of Corrections identification card and BOC badge with number 227-2011, a Davao Prison Penal farm identification card, taxpayer identification card and P700 money.
The Talomo police chief said Lalican is considered as high value target because he was a former government agent.
Lalican’s arrest, Lao said, will “greatly reduce” the proliferation of illegal drugs in Talomo District and neighboring areas.
The suspect currently detained at the Talomo Police Station as charges for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) are being prepared against him.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, police regional director, commended the operating agents for the operation.
“The Police Regional Office 11 will strongly pursue its mission to fight criminality and illegal drugs and will do its best to maintain peace and order in region,” Morales said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market