The City Council discussed yesterday the budget allocation for six barangay and school requests.
The councilors passed on first reading the requests.
Barangay Chair Ricardo Gierran of Barangay Tawan-Tawan, Baguio District is requesting P200,000 for the riprapping of the canal in front of Rosalia Aglay Ayag Elementary School to prevent untoward incidents on rainy days every time the children traverse in that certain area.
In his letter sent to Councilor Joseph Zozobrado last July 10, Gierran said the project aims to prevent untoward incidents on rainy days every time the children traverse in that certain area.
Other allocation requests forwarded to Zozobrado’s committee include the additional appropriation of P150,000 for the completion of concrete fence of the Balengaeng Elementary School in Barangay Balengaeng, Tugbok District and the P500,000 appropriation for the drainage system project in Barangay Daliao, Toril District.
Councilor Dante Apostol also presented the request to put children swing and five sets of big trash bins at Galon Elementary School in Barangay Mandug, Buhangin District. Loreta Cardano, the school’s Student Governing Council president, said they have no capacity to buy the facilities in their school due to limited budget.
The councilors also discussed the requested fund amounting to P500,000 for a day-care center in Sitio Laboo, Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District as presented by Councilor Wilberto Al-ag. The fund will be used to cater the increasing pupils in the learning center as they do not have enough rooms.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized