The Police Regional Office XI again recorded zero crime incidents during the fight between Senator Manny Pacquiao and Keith Thurman at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Sunday.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, police regional director, said this is usually the trend when Pacquiao has a live fight. Nevertheless, he also credited their security plan to secure the public.
Some barangays offered free screenings of the fight, which naturally drew droves of people.
Pacquiao, who is 10 years older than Thurman, won by split decision against the American to capture another belt. His the only eight division champion in boxing history.
Morales also extended his thanked Pacquiao for bringing honor to the Philippines once again.
“In behalf of the officers, men and women of the PRO XI, allow me to extend our congratulations to Sen. Manny Pacquiao on his win against Thurman. His dedication to win will serve as an inspiration to all of us and the rest of our countrymen,” Morales said.
Meanwhile, Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command, treated soldiers for a live screening of the fight inside the headquarters. He also congratulated the senator.
“This victory and great display of his warrior craft continue to be an inspiration to most of us Filipinos, especially in the military organization,” he said.
“His humility and compassion despite his success and numerous victories in his boxing career always earn our admiration and worth emulating.”
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market