“I support the measure to create the National Academy for Sports for high school students.”
After a number of State of the Nation Address, sports finally made it to the President’s speech. In his fourth State of the Nation Address on Monday, President Duterte announced his full backing for the establishing of the sports academy.
Team Philippines Chef de Mission and PSC Chairman William ‘Butch’ Ramirez expressed his gratitude to the President for being a true leader and hands-on chief.
“There might be bigger priorities but President Duterte has always given sports his support,” shared Ramirez citing the perfect attendance of the President in Palarong Pambansa opening ceremonies since his assumption of office.
Ramirez added that this development will not only help the country in identifying talent, but will also elevate the sporting knowledge of every Filipino, and hopefully “provide us with a deeper pool of talent for the elite.”
Since 2016, the PSC has made initiatives to promote sports education and sports science for national coaches and trainers with its partnerships with the Korean Institute of Sports Science (KISS) and the United States Sports Academy (USSA).
The President signed a landmark law on sports in Republic Act 11214 or “the Philippine Sports Training Center Act,” establishing a state-of-the-art sports training facility in the country that will rise in Rosales, Pangasinan in 2022.
The sports facility will feature numerous facilities for administrative, sports science, medical and dormitories for athletes and coaches; with sports amenities for 39 Olympic and non-Olympic sports. (psc)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success