Technology entrepreneurs are urging students, developers, entrepreneurs, and innovators to participate in the weekend boot camp and Hackathon, the Kadayawan Innovation Camp or the “Lumloman sa Dakbayan” this August 10 to 11 to develop ideas that mainly address local problems.
The event gives chance to the potential tech entrepreneurs of the Davao Region “to ideate, create and innovate solutions to social problems of the city of Davao” wherein they could “connect, formulate, create a team, and pitch ideas.”
During the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza media forum, Developers Connect Davao Chapter head Jan Koichi Dayanan said the event is different from previous events of its kind as this will “primarily focus on the local issues and problems and tried to create ideas around it and apply innovative technology.”
Topics such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, big data, analytics, robotics, Internet-of-Things, and cloud computing, and their applications in the fields of agriculture, tourism, transportation, environmental sustainability and disaster risk reduction will be presented during the bootcamp.
“The main reason why we initiated this Lumloman sa Dakbayan is to endorse or advertise these technology business incubators. So these are strategic divisions of the university wherein we cater those entrepreneurs and their startup idea to be incubated to be mentored and to have an access to funding,” University of Southeastern Philippines (USEP) AGILab TBI engineer Franch Maverick Lorilla said.
The top three winners will be selected during the final pitching day and will receive cash and credits that they can use in availing of services in incubation centers of the participating universities like the USEP, University of Mindanao and the University of the Philippines.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success