Technology entrepreneurs are urging students, developers, entrepreneurs, and innovators to participate in the weekend boot camp and Hackathon, the Kadayawan Innovation Camp or the “Lumloman sa Dakbayan” this August 10 to 11 to develop ideas that mainly address local problems.
The event gives chance to the potential tech entrepreneurs of the Davao Region “to ideate, create and innovate solutions to social problems of the city of Davao” wherein they could “connect, formulate, create a team, and pitch ideas.”
During the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza media forum, Developers Connect Davao Chapter head Jan Koichi Dayanan said the event is different from previous events of its kind as this will “primarily focus on the local issues and problems and tried to create ideas around it and apply innovative technology.”
Topics such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, big data, analytics, robotics, Internet-of-Things, and cloud computing, and their applications in the fields of agriculture, tourism, transportation, environmental sustainability and disaster risk reduction will be presented during the bootcamp.
“The main reason why we initiated this Lumloman sa Dakbayan is to endorse or advertise these technology business incubators. So these are strategic divisions of the university wherein we cater those entrepreneurs and their startup idea to be incubated to be mentored and to have an access to funding,” University of Southeastern Philippines (USEP) AGILab TBI engineer Franch Maverick Lorilla said.
The top three winners will be selected during the final pitching day and will receive cash and credits that they can use in availing of services in incubation centers of the participating universities like the USEP, University of Mindanao and the University of the Philippines.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories