The 30th Infantry Battalion received 754 NPA members who surrendered to the government in Surigao del Norte since 2018.
According to the records of the battalion, the total surrenderees were composed of 663 NPA mass supporters; 85 Militia ng Bayan (MB) members, and six guerrillas surrendered to the 30th IB through the community support program operations conducted in 21 affected barangays in six municipalities of the province.
The surrenderees included high-ranking leaders such as alias Nomane, alias RD, and alias Wella who surrendered last June 20, 2019. They were enrolled in the Enhance Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) where they stand to receive financial assistance, livelihood assistance, job opportunities as well as training through the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority.
Lt. Col. Jeffrey Villarosa, commander of the 30th IB, credited the support of the local government units and the communities for the surrenders.
“Our convergence will be the key toward addressing the root causes of insurgency and finally attaining long-lasting peace and inclusive growth and development. After all, insurgency is a social menace,” he added.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1