The 30th Infantry Battalion received 754 NPA members who surrendered to the government in Surigao del Norte since 2018.
According to the records of the battalion, the total surrenderees were composed of 663 NPA mass supporters; 85 Militia ng Bayan (MB) members, and six guerrillas surrendered to the 30th IB through the community support program operations conducted in 21 affected barangays in six municipalities of the province.
The surrenderees included high-ranking leaders such as alias Nomane, alias RD, and alias Wella who surrendered last June 20, 2019. They were enrolled in the Enhance Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) where they stand to receive financial assistance, livelihood assistance, job opportunities as well as training through the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority.
Lt. Col. Jeffrey Villarosa, commander of the 30th IB, credited the support of the local government units and the communities for the surrenders.
“Our convergence will be the key toward addressing the root causes of insurgency and finally attaining long-lasting peace and inclusive growth and development. After all, insurgency is a social menace,” he added.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead