The Police Regional Office XI has assailed the communist movement for its continued “clandestine” recruitment of college and university students.
“We strongly denounced this cowardly act of the CPP-NPA (Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army) in recruiting, clandestinely, college and university students to join the rebels in fighting for their ideology, to rally on the streets against the government, in ambushing soldiers and in collecting revolutionary tax,” PRO XI regional director, Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, said.
He said the true colors of the CPP-NPA have been unmasked once again with parents asking for help on social media as they accused left-leaning activists of convincing their children to go “full time.”
In a recent post of a netizen under the account name of “Santos Ysay” on Facebook on Tuesday, July 16, she aired her agony and fear about losing her daughter to the group.
“We know for a fact that they are targeting students for their vulnerability since they can easily be persuaded with false hope,” He added.
Based on the records of the Eastearn Mindanao Command, Davao Region has so many examples of students becoming communist guerrillas. These include include Alvin Luque, a former student of Ateneo de Davao; Ryan Edpan Cagula, a UP Mindanao student who joined the NPA and was later killed in an encounter in Maasim, Sarangani on November 4, 2014; and Prince Wendel Olorfenes, the NPA leader who is responsible for the attack on the Mati City Police Station on Feb. 14, 2015, was a former student of University of Mindanao.
“What we will do now is to communicate again with the school administrators to explain the deceptive ways of the CPP-NPA and how to prevent this kind of situation to protect the youth,” Morales said.
“We will also conduct validation if there are schools in Davao Region who allow their institution to become a source of NPA recruits and or being used as platforms for recruitment of the terrorist group,” he added.
Morales said the schools are ultimately responsible for what happens to the students on the doctrine of in loco parentis.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market