Davao City – Two teams from the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) and from the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Incorporated (CESAFI) will see action in this year’s edition of the 2019 Kadayawan Invitational hoop basketball tournament which tips off on August 11 and 14 at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
Representing the UAAP are the National University Bulldogs and the De La Salle University Green Archers while for the CESAFI are the Southwestern University PHINMA Cobras and the University of the Visayas Green Lancers.
“It will be a good showcase of teams from Luzon and the Visayas,” said SBP-XI Regional Commissioner Atty. Francis Calatrava on Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao Annex.
“It will be free to the public,” said Calatrava who added that the tournament will follow the single round-robin format with the top two teams moving on to the winner-take-all finals.
The champion team will be receiving P100,000 while the first and second runners-up will get P60,000
and P40,000; respectively. The third runner-up will also get P30,000.
Davao City Mayor Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio along with SBP-XI Regional Director and Presidential Assistant on Sports Glenn Escandor and SBP-XI Regional Operations Head Ronnel Leuterio are expected to grace the opening rites highlighting the traditional ceremonial toss.
Games are played from 5 p.m. onwards.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories