The City Council forwarded to the committee on international relations the two proposed resolutions to forge sister city agreements with Cotabato and Zamboanga during last Tuesday’s regular session.
The Davao City International Relations Board recommended to endorse the siter city agreements to the City Council. Both Zamboanga and Cotabato cited the mutual benefit of the agreements to tourism, agriculture, culture, and trade and commerce.
“As the parties gather a vast number of tourists, it is deemed favorable to exchange tourism practices and cultural preservation techniques,” the resolution said.
It added that both cities share their methods to attract and maintain tourist interest, including the promotion and preservation of their own respective cultures.
Also, both Davao City and the Cotabato City recognize agriculture as one of their major industries, so both cities will endeavor to share and exchange ideas on agricultural enhancement systems and programs.
“The cities may provide, if within the capacity, an exchange in the necessary machines, crops, and products that are lacking within their partnered Sister City,” it said.
For, Trade and Commerce, both cities shall maintain open communication in terms of potential business ventures, investment, and product trade. “Both may broaden the communication fields and make concerted efforts to promote best practices and exchanges In other fields that are beneficial to both,” the resolution said.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus