The City Council forwarded to the committee on international relations the two proposed resolutions to forge sister city agreements with Cotabato and Zamboanga during last Tuesday’s regular session.
The Davao City International Relations Board recommended to endorse the siter city agreements to the City Council. Both Zamboanga and Cotabato cited the mutual benefit of the agreements to tourism, agriculture, culture, and trade and commerce.
“As the parties gather a vast number of tourists, it is deemed favorable to exchange tourism practices and cultural preservation techniques,” the resolution said.
It added that both cities share their methods to attract and maintain tourist interest, including the promotion and preservation of their own respective cultures.
Also, both Davao City and the Cotabato City recognize agriculture as one of their major industries, so both cities will endeavor to share and exchange ideas on agricultural enhancement systems and programs.
“The cities may provide, if within the capacity, an exchange in the necessary machines, crops, and products that are lacking within their partnered Sister City,” it said.
For, Trade and Commerce, both cities shall maintain open communication in terms of potential business ventures, investment, and product trade. “Both may broaden the communication fields and make concerted efforts to promote best practices and exchanges In other fields that are beneficial to both,” the resolution said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat