A policeman will be facing charges after he was arrested for allegedly firing his gun to threaten two teens in Barangay Gov. Paciano Bangoy, Agdao District Wednesday night.
Major Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Station, identified the suspect as Staff Sergeant Paquito Barnuevo Diaz, 49, assigned at the Foot Patrol Section of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), of San Gabriel Street, Sto. Niño, Barangay Buhangin.
A 19-year-old construction worker, identified as Gel, filed the complaint.
In his narration to police investigators, Gel said he was with a friend, a minor, sitting at the rooftop of a two-story building of their bunkhouse located at the corner of Rustico Cabaguio and Veloso Streets at around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Diaz, on the other hand, was drinking with his companions in front of the bunkhouse-building.
Gel said he and his companion saw the policeman pulling out a gun.
Diaz, after inserting a magazine into the gun, suddenly pointed it to the teens while sarcastically smiling.
The policeman left onboard a motorcycle. But few moments, he came back and again pointed the gun to the teens.
The officer, without any provocation, fired the gun.
This prompted the teens to run and hide.
Gel immediately called Central 911 for assistance and members of the Sta. Ana Police Station later arrived.
Operatives confiscated from Diaz the firearm, a government-model caliber .45 Colt MK IV pistol, bearing serial number FR12504, without a magazine.
They also seized the suspect’s police identification card.
Diaz is now temporarily detained at the Sta. Ana Police Station while charges for illegal discharge of firearm and grave threats are now being prepared.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success