A policeman will be facing charges after he was arrested for allegedly firing his gun to threaten two teens in Barangay Gov. Paciano Bangoy, Agdao District Wednesday night.
Major Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Station, identified the suspect as Staff Sergeant Paquito Barnuevo Diaz, 49, assigned at the Foot Patrol Section of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), of San Gabriel Street, Sto. Niño, Barangay Buhangin.
A 19-year-old construction worker, identified as Gel, filed the complaint.
In his narration to police investigators, Gel said he was with a friend, a minor, sitting at the rooftop of a two-story building of their bunkhouse located at the corner of Rustico Cabaguio and Veloso Streets at around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Diaz, on the other hand, was drinking with his companions in front of the bunkhouse-building.
Gel said he and his companion saw the policeman pulling out a gun.
Diaz, after inserting a magazine into the gun, suddenly pointed it to the teens while sarcastically smiling.
The policeman left onboard a motorcycle. But few moments, he came back and again pointed the gun to the teens.
The officer, without any provocation, fired the gun.
This prompted the teens to run and hide.
Gel immediately called Central 911 for assistance and members of the Sta. Ana Police Station later arrived.
Operatives confiscated from Diaz the firearm, a government-model caliber .45 Colt MK IV pistol, bearing serial number FR12504, without a magazine.
They also seized the suspect’s police identification card.
Diaz is now temporarily detained at the Sta. Ana Police Station while charges for illegal discharge of firearm and grave threats are now being prepared.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat