A 16-year-old minor was rescued by elements of the Talomo police while another drug dealer was arrested in separate buy-busts on Wednesday night in New Matina Gravahan.
Maj. Ronald Lao, the commander of Talomo police, said the first operation conducted resulted in the arrest of the minor, identified only as alias Mitoy.
Mitoy reportedly sold a sachet of shabu to a police undercover in exchange for P500.
After the buy-bust, the team proceeded to Bankerohan bridge, MacArthur Highway around 11 p.m. where they also caught Reynald Agravante, 19, single, a warehouseman and a resident of Purok 1-B, Barangay Callawa, Buhangin District.
According to the report, the suspect was caught in the act of selling one plastic cellophane containing suspected dried marijuana leaves for P500.
The police also recovered three more plastic cellophanes containing dried marijuana with fruiting tops from the suspect, one Vivo cellphone, and the marked money.
The contraband had an estimated street value of P2,000.
Lao said both suspects were included on their drugs watchlist.
The minor will be turned over the to the Department of Social Welfare and Development for evaluation to determine discretion. Meanwhile, Agravante will face a case for violation of RA 9165 of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market