It could have been a simple gathering of close friends and relatives, but relatives who do not see each other quite often met for lunch at Emerald Restaurant at the back of Victoria Plaza in Davao City on Friday, July 12, 2019.
For this writer, it was the first time to be introduced to the younger generation of Palma Gils who reside in Davao City. Perla Palma Gil, daughter of Dr. Francisco Bangoy Palma Gil, has always invited me to the family gatherings and considers me a relative on my maternal grandmother’s side. Her father was once a Major in the Armed Forces of the Philippines and a World War II Veteran. Dr. Francisco B. Palma Gil was one of the sons of Don Teodoro L. Palma Gil.
Another son of Don Teodoro L. Palma Gil was David Bangoy Palma Gil, who was a former Mayor of Sigaboy, now Governor Generoso, Davao Oriental. He became Deputy Governor during the term of Governor Vicente Duterte.
Some of those who attended were Ruby Palma Gil-Ledesma with daughter Cathy and Son-in-law Daniel Quiogue, Viioleta Gempesaw-Palma Gil, Jose Claro ‘Pep-C’ Velez and wife, Gemma, Nelly Go-Hizon and daughters Bingle and Nena Hizon-Daluz, Marlene Palma Gil, Pong Palma Gil, Eva Pilpil-Villarica, Chona Palma-Gil Delos Santos and other close relatives of the clan.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories