It could have been a simple gathering of close friends and relatives, but relatives who do not see each other quite often met for lunch at Emerald Restaurant at the back of Victoria Plaza in Davao City on Friday, July 12, 2019.
For this writer, it was the first time to be introduced to the younger generation of Palma Gils who reside in Davao City. Perla Palma Gil, daughter of Dr. Francisco Bangoy Palma Gil, has always invited me to the family gatherings and considers me a relative on my maternal grandmother’s side. Her father was once a Major in the Armed Forces of the Philippines and a World War II Veteran. Dr. Francisco B. Palma Gil was one of the sons of Don Teodoro L. Palma Gil.
Another son of Don Teodoro L. Palma Gil was David Bangoy Palma Gil, who was a former Mayor of Sigaboy, now Governor Generoso, Davao Oriental. He became Deputy Governor during the term of Governor Vicente Duterte.
Some of those who attended were Ruby Palma Gil-Ledesma with daughter Cathy and Son-in-law Daniel Quiogue, Viioleta Gempesaw-Palma Gil, Jose Claro ‘Pep-C’ Velez and wife, Gemma, Nelly Go-Hizon and daughters Bingle and Nena Hizon-Daluz, Marlene Palma Gil, Pong Palma Gil, Eva Pilpil-Villarica, Chona Palma-Gil Delos Santos and other close relatives of the clan.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos