It could have been a simple gathering of close friends and relatives, but relatives who do not see each other quite often met for lunch at Emerald Restaurant at the back of Victoria Plaza in Davao City on Friday, July 12, 2019.
For this writer, it was the first time to be introduced to the younger generation of Palma Gils who reside in Davao City. Perla Palma Gil, daughter of Dr. Francisco Bangoy Palma Gil, has always invited me to the family gatherings and considers me a relative on my maternal grandmother’s side. Her father was once a Major in the Armed Forces of the Philippines and a World War II Veteran. Dr. Francisco B. Palma Gil was one of the sons of Don Teodoro L. Palma Gil.
Another son of Don Teodoro L. Palma Gil was David Bangoy Palma Gil, who was a former Mayor of Sigaboy, now Governor Generoso, Davao Oriental. He became Deputy Governor during the term of Governor Vicente Duterte.
Some of those who attended were Ruby Palma Gil-Ledesma with daughter Cathy and Son-in-law Daniel Quiogue, Viioleta Gempesaw-Palma Gil, Jose Claro ‘Pep-C’ Velez and wife, Gemma, Nelly Go-Hizon and daughters Bingle and Nena Hizon-Daluz, Marlene Palma Gil, Pong Palma Gil, Eva Pilpil-Villarica, Chona Palma-Gil Delos Santos and other close relatives of the clan.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success