The municipality of President Roxas was added in the list of municipalities that declared the CPP-NDF-NPA as persona non grata.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said the 72nd Infantry Battalion conducted peace-building seminar on July 12-14, 2019 in Barangay Labuo, President Roxas, North Cotabato participated by more than 200 NPA supporters and sympathizers.
During the closing program, barangays New Cebu, Kamarahan, Tuael, La Esperanza, Sagcungan, and Mabuhay, thru their respective punong barangays, declared the CPP-NPA-NDF persona non grata.
Also, around 700 residents from the 25 barangays of President Roxas, barangay functionaries, and peace and development volunteers also denounced the NPA.
After which, Mayor Jonathan Mahimpit affirmed the declaration of persona non grata. He also led the oathtaking of more than 200 participants who completed the 3-day peace-building seminar where they pledged allegiance to the government.
“Never support these terrorists again. Your government is on your side. They have just polluted your mind in order to achieve their personal desires. You have your LGU, your PNP, and your Philippine Army. We are all on your side. What belongs to you will be given to you,” Mahimpit said.
The 72nd Infantry Battalion will continue to support these kinds of LGU initiated activities to strengthen the collaboration with the local government and other stakeholders in its Area of Operation.
Col. Gabriel C Viray III, the commander of the 901st Infantry Brigade, said peace-building seminars are a great way to reach out of the community and counter the communist propaganda.
“To see the local government empowering its people to cooperate with the government’s effort of peace and order was already a great manifestation that we are not far from reaching our desired peace and development,” he said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission