The municipality of President Roxas was added in the list of municipalities that declared the CPP-NDF-NPA as persona non grata.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said the 72nd Infantry Battalion conducted peace-building seminar on July 12-14, 2019 in Barangay Labuo, President Roxas, North Cotabato participated by more than 200 NPA supporters and sympathizers.
During the closing program, barangays New Cebu, Kamarahan, Tuael, La Esperanza, Sagcungan, and Mabuhay, thru their respective punong barangays, declared the CPP-NPA-NDF persona non grata.
Also, around 700 residents from the 25 barangays of President Roxas, barangay functionaries, and peace and development volunteers also denounced the NPA.
After which, Mayor Jonathan Mahimpit affirmed the declaration of persona non grata. He also led the oathtaking of more than 200 participants who completed the 3-day peace-building seminar where they pledged allegiance to the government.
“Never support these terrorists again. Your government is on your side. They have just polluted your mind in order to achieve their personal desires. You have your LGU, your PNP, and your Philippine Army. We are all on your side. What belongs to you will be given to you,” Mahimpit said.
The 72nd Infantry Battalion will continue to support these kinds of LGU initiated activities to strengthen the collaboration with the local government and other stakeholders in its Area of Operation.
Col. Gabriel C Viray III, the commander of the 901st Infantry Brigade, said peace-building seminars are a great way to reach out of the community and counter the communist propaganda.
“To see the local government empowering its people to cooperate with the government’s effort of peace and order was already a great manifestation that we are not far from reaching our desired peace and development,” he said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat