Jealousy was seen as the primary motive in the triple-murder case in Sunrise Village, Matina Crossing at 5:17 a.m. yesterday.
Maj. Ronald Lao, the commander of Talomo Police Station, identified the victims as Jessa May Abitona, 25; her sister Jesybell Abitona, who was described only as in her early 20’s; and Caryl Jiff Salianon.
Jessay May was a call center agent while her sister was a student. Both came from Davao Oriental.
Lao said the victims all sustained multiple stab wounds using a kitchen knife that was recovered from the scene. Members of the Scene of the Crime Operatives also found the sling bag of the suspect containing a .38 caliber revolver.
The suspect was identified as Daryl Aguilar, who was supposedly the live-in partner of Abitona. At around 5:30 a.m., the suspect reportedly asked help from the landlady after confessing to killing the victims.
Around 1 a.m. yesterday, Aguilar arrived at the apartment and asked for his denim pants. Neighbors reportedly heard commotion inside, including the voice of a woman screaming. However, nobody thought to call up the police.
The landlady told DXAB that she received a Facebook message from the suspect who asked that she contact the police. Her husband, Michael, also went to the apartment to check. All the bodies of the victims were found in the same room.
The suspect sustained stab wounds, which turned out to be self-inflicted. Accordingly, Aguilar tried to kill himself.
The suspect is now under custody and presently undergoing treatment at Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) due to stab wounds he also sustained.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat