A Commanding officer of Guerilla Front 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Command was arrested on Friday morning for his pending crime of murder.
Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said the warrant was served against Ronnie Dumasig Camapaner, 51, a resident of Purok Lauan, Barangay Poblacion Kingking, Pantukan, Davao de Oro, in Lopez residence Talisay 56, Barangay East, Tagum City.
The arrest warrant was issued by Judge Hilarion Clapis Jr. of the Regional Trial Court Branch 3 in Nabunturan, Davao de Oro. There was no bail recommended for the case.
Recovered from his possession were one shotgun with serial number 17-PH0023 and 40 rounds of ammunition. Police are still checking whether he had license to hold the gun.
He is now detained in the Tagum City Police Station.
According to Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, the regional police director, said they will continue to hunt down fugitives of the law.
“That is one of the activities under Oplan Dabaw Kalinaw that is strictly implemented regionwide,” Morales said. “With that, your security forces need the help of everyone, may it be the local chief executive, local government agencies, media, and especially the populace of Davao Region in order to stop terrorism brought by the NPA.”
- Concepcion, Austriaco ask IATF to begin pandemic exit plan for Ph
- ROUGH CUTS | The Garcia dominance’s acid test
- Only 150,000 received booster shots | mayor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Group welcomes House approval to place of DavNor, Maco under DLPC
- 2 nabbed for marijuana
- House gives final nod on bill allowing DLPC to serve DN
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 26, 2022
- Converge leads Netflix’ ISP Speed Index in December 2021
- Concepcion, experts urge return to pre-omicron protocols