Davao City – San Miguel Beer Light and DC Construction downplayed separate foes to improve their elimination round standing on Sunday’s Uraya 40s Basketball Club Season 3 at the Elenita Heights Subdivision Phase II covered court.
SMB Light bagged their second win in three matches at the expense of GJAPS Pirates, 85-79 anchored by Opling Ayunan’s 30 point output. It was the second win for the Tonzo and Pombo managed franchise after dropping their first assignment.
GJAPS had playing manager Japs Sabio scoring 21 points on a losing effort backed by Bong Papelera’s eight baskets.
DC Construction finally entered the win column in four tries after beating MDI Carwash, 95-90 with Roy Ociones scoring a game-high 47 points for the Vicente “Dondon” Oropeza Jr. owned squad.
MDI Carwash of Dominic Recto still stand at the bottom of the standings with a 0-3 win-loss card despite Boboy Lomosco’s 13 points.
Team Lorejo still leads the standings with a 3-0 card. (Jon Develos)
As of July 14, 2019 (4th Sunday)
Team: W L
Lorejo team 3 0
SMB 2 1
GJAPS pirates 2 1
DC Construction 1 3
MDI Carwash 0 3
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat