Two suspects included in the drugs watchlist were busted after they were caught selling shabu around 12:35 a.m. on Saturday.
Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified them as Porsia Ompad Bairollah alias Yang-yang, 28, female, and a resident of Purok 1, Mini-Forest, Barangay 23-C, and Amad Electoris Asari, 30, barbecue vendor and a resident of Kasadya, R. Castillo, Agdao District.
They recovered eleven sachets of shabu weighing 6.33 grams with an estimated street value of P95,000 from the suspects, along with the P1,000 buy-bust money and one cellphone.
Baria said their buyers were mostly laborers, gang members, employees, vendors and drivers.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of RA 9165 will be filed against the arrested suspects.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, the regional police director, lauded his personnel for the successful anti-illegal drug operation. He warned criminals that the police will continue the relentless campaign against illegal drugs to clear the communities of the menace.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC