The Davao City Water District (DCWD) has assured the immediate normalization of water supply for its consumers once it completes it water improvement works by the end of the month.
Among the improvement works they’re doing is the bypass line operation affecting line 1 and 2 of Dumoy Water Supply System.
“The status is, we have more production wells in Dumoy area but we cannot operate them in full capacity because the line is already constricted,” Davao City Water District (DCWD) spokesperson Jovana Cresta Duhaylungsod said during SM Connect media forum last week.
Duhaylungsod said water flow rate from these water wells can go as high as 1,200 gallons per minute (GPM), but the transmission lines cannot handle the pressure.
“But with the bypass line in place, we can have larger transmission line and we can already operate that in full capacity of the production wells,” she said.
By the last weekend of June, DCWD finished laying the pipes and conducted four looping activities in Dumoy resulting in water cuts.
Last July 10, it connected the pipes for the Line One which was immediately restored after hours of interruption. The water improvement works will continue until the last week of July. This time, Line Two will be affected.
Duhaylungsod said there maybe longer recovery for Line Two since most of its consumers are located on elevated areas. She said restoration will take at least two to three days and the water services in Dumoy will be back to normal with better water flow rate.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market