An alleged drug pusher was killed and three others arrested by elements of the Toril police in buy-bust and checkpoint operations over the weekend.
The slain suspect was only identified as alias Adon who was the subject of a buy-bust in Dacudao road, Barangay Lizada, Toril at 2:55 p.m.
However, the suspect allegedly sensed that he was transacting with a policeman and drew his firearm. The undercover cop was hit on the chest but fortunately, he was wearing a bulletproof vest. He fired back, along with the backup officers.
The suspect was brought to St. John of the Cross hospital but did not make it.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives, led by Maj. Armando Galigo Jr., recovered one homemade .22 caliber revolver and two 9mm cartridges in the area.
Also recovered from the body of the suspect were three sachets of shabu worth P15,000, the P500 buy-bust money, and two cellphones. His remains were brought to Villa Funeral Parlor, Mcleod, Toril.
Meanwhile, Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the commander of Toril Police Station, said that Socrates D. Ferbandos, 38, painter, a resident of Saloroha Village in Talomo, was arrested at the checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District.
Recovered from his possession were two sachets of shabu, dried marijuana leaves, and a cell phone.
Around 1 a.m. yesterday, an overseas Filipino worker was arrested in a buy-bust conducted at Mie O Dormitel located in Sto. Rosario, Buhangin.
Clamor said the operation resulted in the arrest of Antonio Bagaydo Catito, 46, married, and a resident of Barangay Sto. Nino, Tugbok District. He allegedly sold P3,000 worth of shabu to the poseur-buyer.
Also recovered from him were two other sachets of shabu and one smartphone.
On July 11, at 1:50 p.m., Ulysis Daguman Basil Jr., 25, was arrested in a buy-bust operation in St. Jude Village, Barangay Daliao, Toril. Confiscated form him were the sachet of shabu worth P1,000.
Cases for violation of Sec. 5 of RA 9165 are being prepared for filing in court against the said suspects.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission