The Land Transportation Office (LTO) and the City Government, particularly the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO), are planning to enter into an agreement for the interconnectivity of its system for the city’s traffic apprehension database.
The measure aims to ensure effective implementation of the city’s mandated function and efficient revenue collection.
The proposed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) states that the “City needs to interconnect its traffic apprehension database and its ‘No Contact Apprehension Program’ and even those apprehended under contact apprehension with the LTO’s information system on motor vehicle and driver’s license database and create an alarm in the LTO’s Motor Vehicle Registration System (MVRS) or Driver’s Licensing System (DLS).”
The LTO, the proposed MOA said, is willing to grant the city the access to its IT system and its database and shall allow the city to design, develop, implement, operate, and maintain such interconnection facility with the LTO.
As its obligation, the city shall provide local traffic violations to LTO, assist in improving traffic systems, assist in the implementation of traffic rules and regulations, and assist in the drive to combat illegal use of vehicle, including colorum vehicles, car theft, illegal importation, and other unlawful uses.
Meanwhile, the LTO will have to allow the city to make queries into the LTO IT systems including Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs) and Law Enforcement and Traffic Adjudication System (LETAS).
The proposed agreement further provides that the information to be made available will only be limited to plate number, name of vehicle owner, address of registered vehicle owner, make and type, year or model, classification, name of driver’s license (DL) holder, address of DL holder, date of birth, license number, type of registration, and unsettled violations.
The city will be allowed to upload information to the LTO’s IT system recorded offenses, violations, or its settlement to create an alarm for the committed violations or otherwise lift settled otherwise.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021