The heirs of the land donor of the Agdao Public Market are seeking the assistance of the city for a realty tax amnesty on another property.
Emma Reyes-Ampil, in a letter addressed to the council, is requesting for a tax amnesty on inherited properties situated in Agdao and Obrero.
In the letter, Ampil said the total assessed realty tax by the City due on her inherited property, covered by TCT No. 204068 and TCT No. 102254, is P1,004,216.45 as of April 2018.
Ampil said she inherited the property from her parent Lourdes Iñigo Reyes, “who during her lifetime donated a 9,527 square meters, more or less, parcel of land which is now used by the City of Davao as the Agdao Public Market.”
Ampil said her mother donated the property to the City of Davao on Jan. 29, 1952.
The entire area was supposed to be devoted as a market site. However, in the Sketch Plan, the Agdao Barangay Hall and Agdao Allied Transport Terminal, which is no longer operating, were also constructed in the property.
She described the generosity on the part of her parents have contributed significantly in the development of the City of Davao.
“I humbly submit that it cannot be denied that the said donated property had impacted tremendously the socio and economic activities, particularly in Agdao District, of this City,” she said.
“It likewise spawned business activities, not only for businessmen but also agricultural stakeholders in Davao City and neighboring provinces,” she added.
“Please be informed however that this request is not intended to demand compensation for the generosity as it is not the intention. However due to a call of a reality in life–the ebbs, constrained us to humbly seek some comfort and relief in the kindness of this Council for a tax amnesty,” Reyes-Ampil said.
The said request was passed under first reading during last Tuesday’s regular session of the City Council.
The Council’s Committee on Finance, Ways and Means, and Appropriations, chaired by Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang, is tasked to look into the request.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success