Authorities have arrested a couple from Maguindanao who peddled illegal drugs in the city and have confiscated a P1.2 million worth of shabu in a buy-bust last Saturday evening in Barangay Sasa, Buhangin.
Major Reuben Libera, the commander of Sasa Police Station, identified the suspects as Kasim Laupan Laguinsay, 52, a security guard, and wife Linda Abubacar Laguinsay, alias Aunte, 51, both from Maharlikha Poblacion, Pagalungan Maguindanao.
Libera said the wife, among those subjects in their drug watch list, is considered as a high value target (HVT) due to the “large quantity” of illegal drugs that she’s dealing.
The police commander said the two suspects were arrested after they conspired in selling shabu to a police officer who acted as poseur buyer in Muslim Village, Km. 11, Sasa at 6 p.m. Saturday.
In the joint operation conducted by the Sasa Police Station and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, agents confiscated two big sachets containing shabu worth P1.2 million. The P77,000 marked money was also recovered.
Libera said they placed the wife under surveillance after her name cropped up in their previous investigations.
“During our case build up, she dealt and delivered illegal drugs to a particular contact,” Libera said, adding that they estimated that she’s dealing with at least five other contacts in the city.
He said the arrest of the suspects is the result of their intensified campaign against illegal drugs and their dedication to eradicate the drug menace with the help of the community.
Drug charges are now being prepared against the two suspects.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021