A Dismissed soldier was nabbed in a buy-bust operation conducted by agents of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) in Quezon Boulevard, Brgy. 31-D, Poblacion District on Thursday night.
Major Ronald Lao, the commander the DCPO’s Talomo Police Station, identified the suspect as Paolo Pingkian Plasabas, alias Bogart, a dismissed soldier, of DDF Subdivision in Barangay Mandug, Buhangin District.
Lao said the suspect was caught on the act of selling one elongated sachet containing shabu to a police poseur buyer for P5,000 in Purok 12, Zone 7, Quezon Boulevard at 10:35 p.m. last Thursday.
Two other sachets of shabu, a plastic cellophane containing suspected dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops, a cellphone and several ID were seized from the suspect’s black belt bag. The marked money was also recovered.
Police said the confiscated drugs amounted to P22,000.
Lao said they put Plasabas under surveillance after receiving reports that he was engaged in illegal drugs.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, confirmed Plasabas is a former soldier who was dishonorably dismissed.
Based on Plasabas’ summary of information, he was enlisted as soldier on July 16, 1999 and was discharged on July 16, 2002. But he was reinstated on Nov. 16, 2016 and was discharged again on March of 2018.
Lamosao said “we will not tolerate any illegal acts by our soldiers.”
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized