More than 600 residents of Sitio Tibucag, Barangay Dagohoy in Talaingod, Davao del Norte were recipients of the joint community outreach program initiated by the 56th Infantry (Tatag) Battalion on July 8.
The program was led by Lt. Col. Norman Valdez, the battalion commander, in collaboration with the local government unit of Talaingod and Kiwanis International.
The Municipal Health Office of Talaingod, headed by Dr. Montana Amir Dominguez, and the 10th Forward Support Medical Company of 10 Infantry Division, headed by Lt. Col. Raul Sasuca, provided medical services.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the Civil-Military Operations officer of 56th IB, said a total of 192 indigents received medical consultation, free medicines, vitamins, and porridge meal. Meanwhile, 275 students of Tibucag Integrated School received sets of school supplies and toys during the said event.
The Municipal Agriculture Office of Talaingod also conducted a lecture on egg production and corn farming. Rolando E. Salazar, Public Employment Service Office manager of Talaingod, discussed the process of registration and accreditation of an organization.
Dema-ala also discussed the salient features of the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) of the government, and subsequently distributed 50 sacks of corn seeds to the farmers in the area.
Lt. Col. Norman Valdez, acting battalion commander of the 56th IB, said in a statement, that soldiers will continue to strengthen partnerships with local governments and other agencies to provide interventions to poor communities.
“This activity may not be enough to address the daily needs of this sitio but we are hoping that through these initial activities, you (Lumads) will also help this community attain economic development that would benefit the people of Sitio Tibucag,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success