A businessman and his companion were arrested by authorities in a joint buy-bust operation conducted at Km. 17, national highway in Barangay Ilang, Bunawan District at 6:40 p.m. on Wednesday.
Davao City Police Office director, Col. Alexander Tagum, identified the businessman as Jhon Vincent Gonzaga, 23, a resident of Upper Ilang, and his companion as Anthony Castro Gavira, 33, a resident of NHA Buhangin.
The buy-bust was initiated by the Bunawan Police Station, led by Maj. Noel Villahermosa, together with the Task Force Davao personnel, led by Capt. Jonathan Sarausas, and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
Recovered from them were one pack of suspected dried marijuana leaves placed in a transparent plastic cellophane and the P500 buy-bust money.
Also, police recovered dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops at the front seat of the Ford Raptor with conduction number C2 C748 weighing three kilos with a street value of P18,000, a piece of bronze pipe with traces of suspected marijuana and P3,000 bills believed to be drug proceeds.
They also seized one smart phone, a sachet of shabu, improvised glass tube tooter, electronic weighing scale, two pieces of wooden pipe, and disposable lighter.
Tagum said the suspects were considered as high-value targets.
For now, the suspects and recovered contraband are in the custody of the Bunawan Police Station as they face a case for violating RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act, particularly sections 5, 11, and 12.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market