Newly appointed chief of the Davao City Investment Promotion Center (DCIPC), April Marie Dayap sees the investments generated during the Davao Investment Conference 2019 as both a challenge and opportunity for the city.
“They were looking for Davao City as the new area for investment and it is a big thing for us.
And of course when investors come in it would also mean creation of job opportunities for Davaoeños and additional income for the city government,” Dayap told TIMES on Tuesday.
In her new designation, Dayap said she will give equal support on both local and foreign investors.
“When we say local investors, we’re looking at investors who have not yet established business here in Davao,” she added.
She also said her office will continue on working closely with the tourism office to further promote the city and entice investors to permanently establish a business after visiting as tourists.
“I believe the former DCIPC head has made a lot of significant programs in line with the vision and goals of Inday Sara for Davao City so we would like to continue the good projects and programs,” she said.
“We are also looking at continuous consultation with the business sectors and also the other sectors concerned that we would be able to also formulate some programs and projects that will be attuned in promoting Davao City as the new investment area,” she continued.
Dayap also expressed her agreement on lifting martial law in the city as lobbied by Mayor Sara Duterte to the Office of the President.
“When you try to look at the travel advisories from the different embassies, it’s red in Mindanao and it will set a bad impression to tourists and investors alike to come to Davao,” she said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission