More than 1,000 individuals were arrested by elements of the Davao City Police Office during the intensified anti-illegal drug operations since Dec. 5, 2017.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press conference held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Capt. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the city police spokesperson, said they already booked 1,661 suspects on drug charges.
The suspects were arrested on nearly 1,700 buy-busts, implementation of arrest and search warrants, and checkpoints.
The Sta. Ana police topped the number of arrests with 455 individuals; followed by the Talomo police with 208; 296 from Bunawan; 191 in Sasa, 146 in San Pedro Police Station; 105 in Buhangin police; 100 in Toril police; 54 in Tugbok police; 41 in Calinan police; 16 in Baguio police; while Paquibato and Marilog only had one apprehension each.
She said that they couldn’t monitor how many of the drug surrenderees who went back to their illegal activities after finishing the community-based rehabilitation program.
“Some also did not finish the program and return to illegal drug activity,” she added.
Meanwhile, Connie Dumag, of the City Anti-Drug Abuse Council, said they already helped 1,500 individuals who finished phase 1 of the intervention. Phase 1 is usually the drug rehab, which usually lasts for six months.
“We also have another batch who have finished the phase 2 although the figure is small compared to the number of surrenderees but we are looking at the quality of life that they have, ” Dumag said.
“Some of them really became advocates, she added. They have been invited to schools to share how their lives changed under the program and we are still looking forward to more of those who have expressed their intention to be on the program of government.”
She said there are still some barangays who have yet to establish their community-based rehab program. However, by their count, there were only 25 barangays out of the 182 communities in the city.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success