The Traffic Group said 104 violators face charges due to violation of the anti-drug and drunk driving law since February this year. Meanwhile, the number of vehicular incidents decreased since February this year.
Lt. Col. Nolan Raquid, the Traffic Group chief of the Davao City Police Office, said that since February this year, the apprehensions were the result of the intensified campaign against driving under the influence.
For the same period, they also arrested 9,081 individuals for driving without helmets. For other traffic violations, the Traffic Group ticketed 29,723 motorists. The violations range from disregarding traffic sign, beating the red light, illegal parking, and not wearing proper clothes.
This is not only the effort of the Traffic Group but the consolidated data to include the initiatives and accomplishments of other police stations of the Davao City Police Office, Raquid said.
He also requested data from the Southern Philippines Medical Center to find out how many were treated for vehicular incident due to drunk driving since March this year.
But they said that since the implementation of RA 10586 (anti-drug and drunk driving law) the incidents involving drunk drivers decreased, he added.
Meanwhile, the Traffic Group requested 10 units of a speed gun from the Davao City Police Office so they could resume their operations against speeding.
It was already submitted to the city so we are awaiting for the developments for the issuance of speed guns, he added.
Based on the monitoring of the Traffic Group, there were six deaths from road incidents in May and seven in June. They also recorded 17 injuries in May and 16 in June.
For reckless imprudence resulting in minor physical injuries, the different police stations recorded 134 incidents in May and 98 in June.
He said most of the road incidents involved motorcycles.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success