A Militia ng Bayan member of the New People’s Army (NPA) was apprehended by joint operation of the police and military at Sitio Lawaan, Barangay Kingking, Pantukan, Compostela Valley last July 2.
1Lt Jhocell Asis, the Civil-Military Operations officer of 71st Infantry (Kaibigan) Battalion, said the troops immediately responded to a report from a concern citizen about communist guerrilla sighted at the said area.
Upon receiving the information, Lt. Col. Esteveyn E. Ducusin, commander of the 71st IB, directed the troops to coordinate with the Pantukan PNP to launch an operation.
Suspect Belly Jay C. Manila Sr. aka Bebot, a resident of the place, was arrested and recovered from his possession were one 1 KG 9mm with three live ammunitionn, one 10-kilo landmine and a blasting cap.
Upon interview with soldiers, Manila disclosed that was working for alias Tatay Roy, a leader of the Guerilla Front 2, Sub-Regional Committee 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Command. He reportedly supplies the guerrillas with arms and bombs.
The suspect was turned over to the Pantukan Municipal Police Station.
“It is obvious that the (NPA) and all its underdogs are very abusive to the community. Their possession of firearms gives them the power to rule over a community. However, local populace now are brave enough to do what is right,” Ducusin said.
“We are grateful for the cooperation of the people. We assure that we will answer the call right away for us to apprehend more NPAs,” he added.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos