A Militia ng Bayan member of the New People’s Army (NPA) was apprehended by joint operation of the police and military at Sitio Lawaan, Barangay Kingking, Pantukan, Compostela Valley last July 2.
1Lt Jhocell Asis, the Civil-Military Operations officer of 71st Infantry (Kaibigan) Battalion, said the troops immediately responded to a report from a concern citizen about communist guerrilla sighted at the said area.
Upon receiving the information, Lt. Col. Esteveyn E. Ducusin, commander of the 71st IB, directed the troops to coordinate with the Pantukan PNP to launch an operation.
Suspect Belly Jay C. Manila Sr. aka Bebot, a resident of the place, was arrested and recovered from his possession were one 1 KG 9mm with three live ammunitionn, one 10-kilo landmine and a blasting cap.
Upon interview with soldiers, Manila disclosed that was working for alias Tatay Roy, a leader of the Guerilla Front 2, Sub-Regional Committee 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Command. He reportedly supplies the guerrillas with arms and bombs.
The suspect was turned over to the Pantukan Municipal Police Station.
“It is obvious that the (NPA) and all its underdogs are very abusive to the community. Their possession of firearms gives them the power to rule over a community. However, local populace now are brave enough to do what is right,” Ducusin said.
“We are grateful for the cooperation of the people. We assure that we will answer the call right away for us to apprehend more NPAs,” he added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories