The officials of the local government are set to convene for the crafting of the Executive Legislative Agenda for 2019-2022.
The ELA is the direction on the major development thrusts and priority legislation of the local executive and legislative branches in the next three years.
Majority Floor Leader Melchor Quitain said the date is still tentative but he said they will have it here within the city, particularly in the Dusit Thani Hotel.
“We will discuss the priority legislation on that meeting. This will be a one day assembly, but we could extend if we will not be able to cover it for a single day alone,” Quitain said.
“But, definitely we will have to finish it because this is urgent. The session has already started so we must have a game plan already,” he added.
Yesterday, the members of the 19th City Council were introduced to the public at the regular flag-raising ceremony of the city government employees at the City Hall grounds with Mayor Sara Duterte present.
“On behalf of the 19th Council, today we are formally introduced to you as partners in the beloved city. Rest assured, the 19th Council will stand united with the leadership of both Mayor Sara Duterte and Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte,” said newbie 2nd District Councilor Javi Campos in his speech.
Campos also said they will work hand-in-hand to pass legislations that will uplift the lives of the fellow Davaoeños in the coming years.
Additionally, the vice mayor also said they will enact 24 landmark laws that will support the priorities of the local and national government. The details on the said 24 landmark laws will be disclosed in the coming Sangguniang Panlungsod media briefing on Wednesday.
He also encouraged the members of the new council to be “grounded by the principle that we commonly adhere to, which is to advance the interest of the people.”
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories