The City Health Office (CHO) cited the effectiveness of the community-based Management Acute Malnutrition Model (CMAMM) on lowering the malnutrition rate in the city.
City Health Officer Dr. Josephine Villafuerte said the implementation of the CMAMM lowered the number of malnourished children in the city to 0.9 percent.
“The CMAMM plays a vital role since it is the program that we developed for malnourished children. After they undergo the CMAMM program we will turn them over to CSSDO (City Social Services and Development Office) for monitoring,” she said.
The local government also lauded the CMAMM being a landmark program in the city that has been replicated by other local government units because of its success in terms of bringing down the number of malnourished children.
Meanwhile, the local government awarded five barangays as this year’s Outstanding Barangay Nutrition Scholars (OBNS).
The criteria for selection, according to Villafuerte, is the successful establishment and implementation of the city’s good nutrition program in their communities.
“The awardees have significantly improved the nutrition status of their barangays through the implementation of the Community-based Management Acute Malnutrition Model (CMAMM),” she said.
The first place was given to Barangay Mahayag in Bunawan District, followed by Barangay Malamba in Marilog, Barangay 31-D in Poblacion District, Barangay Talomo Proper in Talomo District and Barangay Colosas in Paquibato District.
“From the 182 barangays, we have chosen five OBNS. They were chosen because of the improvements in the nutrition status of their barangays and these improvements are because of their efforts,” Villafuerte added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success